Saturday, February 18, 2012

Introductions and Confessions

Here goes nothing!

I'm Meghan, a first grade teacher in Northern California.  I am lucky to teach 22 of the most caring, hard-working kiddos around, and I wouldn't trade my job for anything.

Now, time for the confession(s)...
At the beginning of this school year, I was ready and willing to walk away from my teaching position.  I had just returned from 6 months of maternity leave, and leaving my son was harder than I could have every imagined.  I wouldn't say that I had a nervous breakdown, but let's just say I wasn't in a good place.  It took me months to feel "normal" again at work, and you know what got me through it?  An amazing grade level partner who introduced me to the wonderful world of teaching blogs.  I swear, when I read the first post on that first blog I found, hours of my life passed me by as the inspiration seeped into my teaching soul, and I haven't looked back since. I realized that most of my problem was that I felt my classroom, my art projects, my overall everything was stale, and the thought of reinventing all of that on my own was overwhelming.  Enter everyone else's ideas, and presto!  I quickly became a teaching blog addict, and I am now back to my type-A, perfectionist-ish self.  It seems so silly now to say that blogs saved my career, but it's the truth!

Seeing as I owe quite a bit to the blogging world, I figured that I'd give it the old college try and create my own.  If I can give back just a small fraction of inspiration that I've been given, I will be a happy camper.  So, if you're up for it, come along for the ride!

Cheers!
Meghan

2 comments:

  1. Meghan,

    I am your newest follower! I could spend hours blog hopping AND on Pinterest! I agree that there is so much inspiration and encouragement out here in Blogland!

    I hope you love it as much as I do!

    I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather, for the comment and for becoming my first follower. Yay! Somehow, this makes me feel like a legit blogger now! I will definitely come check your blog out!

    Cheers!
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete